Magic Mountain Lodge was started in 2011 after many years of travelling, biking and skiing around the world. We completely fell in love realizing this was the perfect place to do all our favourite activities. This was where we wanted to spend the rest of our life. Henrika is from Karja in Finland and also speaks swedish and Patrik is originally from Påskallavik in southeast of Sweden. The 1200 sqm building was bought from Lyngen kommune in 2014.
During our years in Lyngen we have been so lucky to establish many great partners, which we can truly reccomend.
- Lyngen ski og klatring AS – Great IFMGA certified mountain guides well known in the Lyngen Alps. Check out Lyngen ski og klatring here
- Lyngen Guide – Maybe the most well known and oldest IFMGA guie company in Lyngen ran by Mikal Nerberg. Check out Lyngen Guide here
- Visit Lyngenfjord – The destination office for the Lyngen Alps and surrounding municipalities. Check out Visit Lyngenfjord here
We care about the nature and we want to do our part to ensure it’s taken care of for future generations. When you stay with us you can rest assure that we have done what we can to provide you with sustainable and fairtrade products.
Some of our eviromental measures
- Only faitrade and ecological coffee and KRAV milk.
- Minimum harm chemicals or natural ingredients in our maintenance. Yes we use ashes too!
- Heating/electricity is from 100% sustainable source.
- Our partners too has a sustainable approach
- We utilize local and seasonal produce when possible i.e fresh wild fish and local lamb
- Recycling and waste sorting. You can help by putting bottles, cans and batteries in designated places.
- Reduce your need for driving by having tours like the sherpastairs, biketrails and skitouring straight from the house.